A Message From The Principal
Dear PS 181Q Family,
I hope everyone has had a wonderful and restful summer! As we are preparing for school to reopen, we wanted to highlight specific dates and information:
- We will have a new after-school program hosted in our building to support our families. It is called Enriching Academically Talented Students (EATS). The program is slated to begin on Monday, September 19th, 2022.
- First Day of School: Thursday, September 8, 2022. The school day begins at 8:20 AM and dismissal begins at 2:30 PM.
- Evening Parent-Teacher Conference (Virtual until further notice): Thursday, September 15, 2022
- PS 181Q Celebrating Our Rebranding Event – The Brookfield Bash: Saturday, September 17th from 12-3 PM. Attached you will find our flyer. We will have walking tours, carnival games, music, and food to celebrate the following:
- New main entrance signs
- A floor decal of our logo and slogan in front of school safety
- New themed hallways for College and Career Readiness
- New themed stairwells
- New sensory hallway
- New website with full accessibility
- New uniforms
- Partnership with DOT for updated Stop signs and angled parking to support our families with arrival/dismissal.
- Upcoming construction with School Construction Authority (SCA) beginning Monday, September 19, 2022 to support full accessibility and necessary upgrades to our building’s structure.
We also will have new uniforms effective in September. We heard the feedback from our families and truly understand the frustration of trying to keep those white shirts clean! Therefore, we have partnered with our new school uniform store that has our new logo and slogan. They also can deliver via UPS to homes immediately or once a month to the school. Attached to this letter, you will find the flyer for our store. For every order, partial proceeds will be donated back to the school as our annual fundraiser. Our new uniforms consist of the following:
- Any item from the school store
- Plain yellow, red, or black Polo’s or tops (No tank or sleeveless tops)
- Plain navy blue, black, or khaki pants, skorts, capris, or sweatpants for gym days (No shorts, jeans, or skirts above the knee)
We appreciate your continued partnership and can’t wait to see you on September 8th!
Dr. Lisette Olivo